Saturday, December 22, 2007

Silent Night...

Being sick during the holidays is a revelation. People may be celebrating all around you, but the best thing you can think to do is have some tea and go to bed early. (sigh) The best part, I guess, is that Dave isn't feeling well, either. So we huddle on the couch together. If he's picking the channel, we watch football movies...if it's me, holiday stuff. (Like "Die Hard.")

So far, we've had to cancel for 4 events we were invited to. I don't even feel that bad about it -- all my energy has gone into getting the tree decorated (Wed this week), food on the table and the dishes from taking over the kitchen. I must be sick...don't even feel like reading much.

Tomorrow is church, and a Big Event, Christmassy-speaking. Will I able to sing? Will I be able to even go? Do I care? Right now...not really.

No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...