Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What can I do in 2008?

This year is going to be different. I can already feel it.

For one thing, a new book's coming out in mid-February...a new reference (and how-to) on Crazy quilts.

For another, our daughters are finally making their own ways...good for you, girlies!

DH's new promotion (training bus drivers) is much more rewarding than his past work. (Tell ya what, bus drivers do NOT get much respect. Think on that the next time your child comes home safely on a stormy, slippery day.)

My crazy Hollander farmer father is slowing down -- and slowly losing his battle with cancer. He works as much as he can, and is still his feisty self...but I need to spend as much with him and Mom as I can. (They live in Michigan. We live in Colorado.)

In late May, Dave and I are headed to Brazil...and nearly two weeks headed along the Amazon river in a boat. Our job will be to bring medical and dental services to tribes along the river...as well as classes and music for the people. (Which means not only music for me, but sewing classes!)

So in some ways, this year will be calmer (I think). In some ways, it won't. My dad isn't just in this picture, but I have a LOT of traveling and writing to do in 2008. Will it be better this year? Worse? Who knows...but it WILL be different.

My goals for this year:

*Finish one book -- and work on another (writing them -- not reading them!)
Do some other writing, as well

*Lose some weight (I am sooo sick of feeling bulgy)

*Get the living room painted! (and windows replaced)

*Spend some regular time in the garden -- no matter what

*Get completely caught up with the restoration jobs

*Learn some Portuguese

*KNOW WHERE THINGS ARE (this would be especially wonderful)

Here's to 2008-- the Year of Difference

No comments:

Frugal Hits & Misses: March Report

 This has been a tighter month than most -- due in great part to some unexpected truck expenses. Last month's property tax payment sucke...