Monday, March 10, 2008

More From Obama's Side (then I really will shut up about all this)

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/03/10/obama-disses-veep-talk/

quotes:
"With all due respect, I've won twice as many states as Sen. Clinton, I've won more of the popular vote than Sen. Clinton. I have more delegates than Sen. Clinton. So I don't know how somebody who's in second place is offering the vice presidency to the person who is in first place. I mean, I'm just wondering, cause if I was in second place, I could understand it. But I'm in first place right now...

"There's a second point. This is an interesting point. I want you guys to follow me on this. President Bill Clinton back in 1992 when he was asked about his selection for vice president, he said the only criteria, the most important critieria for vice president ... (was if) he or she would be ready to be the commander in chief. That was his criteria." Obama said that HRC's campaign has spent the last two or three weeks challenging his credentials to be commander in chief. "If I'm not ready, how is it that you think I should be such a great vice president. Do you understand that?"
"You can't say he's not ready on day one unless he's willing to be your vice president, then he's ready on day one."

Don't believe me? This setting has a YouTube soundbite with Obama actually saying this...

No comments:

Lessons Learned From A Gunslinger: The Redux

      I wrote this post for another website years ago...but it's worth visiting again. And yes, Paladin and we are still buddies.      W...