Friday, August 1, 2008

Still Hot

Husband just came home: "Guess what? It's now past 100 degrees." At 6:00 p.m.

Needless to say, we're past 'toasty warm' and headed toward 'unbearably hot.'

Not much sleep again tonight...

I'm headed to watch "Mamma Mia" with some girlfriends tonight -- nope, the men didn't want to come. But you need to see Moolanomy's suggestions on saving money Right Now:

http://www.moolanomy.com/312/22-money-maximizing-moves-you-can-do-today/

Granted, some of them are paying bills you'd only have to pay in 2009, anyways...but this is a very practical approach to helping cut down on taxes -- and fees -- today! Certainly if you're in the middle of extra money in the checking account, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some of these Over With.

Now I'm off to sing along with Meryl Streep and Abba...

1 comment:

LouAnne said...

I hope you enjoyed Mama Mia as much and we did. I went with 4 girlfriends and we came out singing, dancing and otherwise embarrassing ourselves. G and I saw the stage show in S.F. before it went to broadway. I was amazed at the casting of the movie and poor darling Pierce! His voice was a struggle, but just lookin' at him was a visual treat! The greek isles scenery (was it really?) was a treat that the stage show couldn't offer. I'd go see it again; that's how much *I* liked it!

Frugal Hits & Misses: March Report

 This has been a tighter month than most -- due in great part to some unexpected truck expenses. Last month's property tax payment sucke...