Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday Busy-ness

There's a chill in the air...and a few pathetic rosebushes are gasping around the shingles and wood bits piled on them. (Poor guys) Some daisies and a zinnia or two are still hanging in there on the edges -- but thanks to the Great Shingle TearOff, my flower beds are toast.

Sigh.

We started putting up tarpaper on the house today...just in time. More tp tomorrow night, then it's on to new shingles.

* * * * * * * * * *
I had an interesting thing happen during the Phoenix trip -- a brand-new toothpaste tube blew up in the suitcase! Goo squirted all over my clothes (thankfully not the antique stuff) and a few books. What a mess. I spent the trip scrubbing the 'minty freshness' off my shirts, and hoping for the best.

Then on the final zip on suitcase #2 before the trip to the airport -- the zipper broke. Permanently. (Thanks Patty, for trying to fix it, anyways.) Ever heard of "the handyman's secret weapon?" Duct tape saved my life, and got the suitcase to Denver without spitting everything out.

At least part of it was minty fresh.

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...