Monday, November 3, 2008

Update

...mostly on my dad.

He starts radiation Thursday -- 13 sessions of it. Hopefully this will slow the cancer down some, though I am not very hopeful. The latest tests show the bone in the front of his head (the area behind the eyebrows) is all but gone.... eaten away. The rest of the bone in his skull is considerably thinned.

How in the world can you live with no bone in the front of your head?

The tissue is pressing on the optic nerve, no doubt causing the double vision, headaches and other struggles he's been having lately.

I really appreciate your prayers for him. It is really difficult to trust that God knows and is control of this situation. I know intellectually that He is...but my heart still cries out:

Help, Lord...he's my dad, and I love him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Nine more bundles of shingles...some work on the flashing around the chimney...and the roof is done.

Now, back to packing.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds so scary! I'm sure God hears your prayers. Whether He answers them in the way one might expect is something else, but He has a plan for your dad, I know, and all will be well with him. You already know that, I'm sure. I'll include your dad and you in my prayers and hope for good things.

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...