I've got a big one -- two quilts to finish restoring and ship before Christmas. They're nearly done, but I have to spend a few days concentrating on them. Wrists are aching, head is a but fuzzy...but hanging in there. Only a few more days, then freedom beckons!
In the meantime, some interesting posts came down the pike:
The earth has another tear in the magnetic field surrounding it -- this one's bigger than ever. The tear was only temporary. What does it mean?
And a very apt discussion about not Keeping Up with the Joneses:
And a very odd recipe for fudge from Frugal Upstate's comments: the commenter swears it's terrific.
* 3/4 lb Velveeta cheese, cut up
* 1 cup butter* 6 baker's unsweetened chocolate squares
* 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
* 2 (16 ounce) packages powdered sugar
* 1 1/2 cups nuts, chopped
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions: 1. Put Velveeta, butter, unsweetened baking chocolate and corn syrup in a large microwavable bowl.
2. Microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Microwave an additional minute; stir until well blended.
3. Add chocolate mixture in batches to sugar, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended after each addition.
4. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
5. Spread into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Smooth top.
6. Cover and refrigerate several hours until firm.
Go here for Frugal's original post, including a more 'normal' recipe that uses marshmallow fluff. (I've got one for you tomorrow that looks good -- fudge sounds wonderful right now.)
Plus an amazing truffle recipe -- 3 ingredients. Oreo cookies, cream cheese, melted chocolate for dipping. That's it!
And in the words of the immortal Ah-nold, "I'll be baaack."
...and summer's over. I can't say I'll really miss this one. It's been full of packing and sorting, and dragging ourselves...
Sue Garman, of Friendswood, TX, died recently of lung cancer. She was an amazing quilt designer, an aficionado of applique (it was her...
If you read my posts for news on antiques, frugal stuff and Bigfoot... you might want to gently close this and tiptoe away. I a...
Since Donald Trump has been elected as the next American president, that is? Apparently not. I am growing increasingly tired of bloggers...