Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hesitating...

I was scrubbing the bathroom today, when the Little Farm Girl inside began poking around...

Hey.

Shut up -- I've still got the floor to mop.

Who cares...and why are you so messy, anyways? What about that blog entry yesterday -- who gave you permission to be Queen of the World?

Huh?

Dissing on your brother and folks like that. Shame...they love you, and you make them sound like hicks from Yahootie, for God's sake. They could have been ax murderers -- instead, they just fuss now and then about bearnaise sauce. Stuff like that.

Eerggh...

Not only that -- anyone from Michigan is going to think you've labeled them all insensitive, uneducated clods. (I start to protest) I know, I know -- you don't think that. You don't even think that about your own family. But they might think you do.

Sigh.

The LFG is right. I'm lucky to have siblings and parents that didn't try to hurt me, and were often encouraging. (Well, maybe not when Bro practiced his wrestling holds on me!) My folks paid for college -- I worked, too, but they paid, as well. They've been very supportive over the decades.

And here I am, griping because they didn't want to go to a lecture on Alaskan customs.

Ok. Take me -- and the previous post -- with a grain of salt.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
It's snowing here -- cold cold cold. I've been collecting for the California Gold book, including research on women connected with gold, silver and copper mining. I still need a few 'characters' for the book -- any suggestions? I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

allie aller said...

No suggestions on the gold, but as a denizen of Western Mich from the same era as you...let me say that your portrayal of your sibs was made with love, unjudgemental, and they would probably laugh and agree with it if they read it. So don't worry.
Michigan is in the national spotlight for being under the gun economically...but what isn't reported is the beauty of the place, the common sense of its citizens, and the bedrock assurance they all have that they will do just fine, thank you very much, no matter what happens.
Relax....they know you love them!

You Go, Kids!

  More great 'wholesome' posts via Bored Panda .. .