Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bad News...And Good News

Want to hear something funny? People liked my Improvised Potato Salad so much at Dave's lunch today that they pestered him for the recipe! (They said it tasted "so much better than the store kind." !!!) To his credit, Husband said they'd have to ask me -- he wasn't going to give it up without a fight...

The appraisals went well (ten-plus of them), but I came home exhausted. Had a lot of trouble sleeping again last night, thinking about all the things that have been happening lately.

Now the bad news... one of my favorite magazines, Cottage Living, bit the dust late last year. This mag was the perfect blend of budget living, living in a smaller house and using it wisely. Now I find out that my other favorite, Country Living, has also gone the way of the dodo. And it's been publishing for decades. Sigh...lack of advertising seems to be the culprit. (I did notice they were getting thinner.) One Frugal Girl will tell you more:

http://onefrugalgirl.blogspot.com/2009/01/magazines-cease-publication-as-result.html

* * * * * * * * * *
Wisdom Journal now tells 10 Ways College Made Him Rich:

http://www.thewisdomjournal.com/Blog/10-ways-college-made-me-rich/

Once again, he's got some good points, though he's stretching it in places.

It's nice to be home, though that means finishing up the appraisals and getting Other Stuff Done. Aahhh, a nice cup of tea and my favorite sweatpants...much better.

No comments:

Monday Stuff On the way to Other Stuff: Meltdown

     The nice thing about Colorado is that we have these horrendous snowstorms -- and within a few days, they're melting off -- fast. Al...