Monday, February 23, 2009

Buzzing

...at least that's what seems to be in my ears all the time -- a faint, harassed buzzing.

Packing to leave tomorrow -- including making up more kits. (They'll go fast -- the fabrics have already been cut, thankfully.)

Phone rings regularly -- friends and family asking for news.

An increasing list of diddly stuff that "has" to be done before I go. (Most of it will be put off.)

A few piano lessons to give.

A lot of handout photocopying to do.

Some orders that need to go out.

Illustrations for the upcoming book.

And all I can think about is my dad, scheduled to head home tonight. Hospice has been called; he'll have a hospital bed at home, and morphine for pain. And he can stay there until the end.

Brother still says, 'Go finish your teaching -- then come.' Mom would love it if I was there now. (So would I.) This quilt teaching business is hateful, when it means you have commitments made years ago that you must honor now.

Yes, I could cancel it all -- but it wouldn't be the right thing to do. Even through the buzzing, that is crystal clear.

Back to work. I'll check in now and then. Please pray for my dad...and mom. As well as Brother and his wife, who are taking the brunt of it until I can get there.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh Cindy, I hurt for you right now. Know that I'm praying for you and your family.

Frugal Hits & Misses: March Report

 This has been a tighter month than most -- due in great part to some unexpected truck expenses. Last month's property tax payment sucke...