Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday...Spring!

aaahhhhh...

It's nice to be home.

The girls at the guild were wonderful. I enjoyed getting to know them -- and their pretty quilts -- very much. I also re-found a pattern company with amazing Civil War repro quilts: Bonnie Blue Quilts.

http://www.bonniebluequilts.com

Woke up this morning, went out to Home Depot and got a huge bag of potting soil, some perennials, and a $30 splurge: a four-foot climbing bush of gypsy red and yellow roses. The latter is going in a large copper planter I scored at King Soopers ($15). Doesn't that sound lovely?

This is a lot for chez Brick. I usually only buy a rosemary plant, some (more) perennials, a few petunias and a tomato plant or two. But I could just visualize those roses blooming softly at dusk while we sit out on the patio this summer...oh my.

And then, on the way home, I stopped to talk with our neighbor...who just happened to be toting out a garbage can full of daylily roots. Bingo.

A few are planted...but the rest, and everything else, has to wait until The Book is done. It's close...so close. It comes first. And the birds, the garden, the grass have to wait.

No comments:

You Go, Kids!

  More great 'wholesome' posts via Bored Panda .. .