Friday, May 29, 2009

My Thoughts (and Bod) Are in North Carolina

Well.

The Nuggets won Game 3, and lost Game 4. Which nobody in Carolina cared about, because their team has lost its playoff run in hockey.

Hmmmphf.

It has been hot and humid here...I trudge about with a thin film of moisture coating everything. Opened a bag of Cheetos yesterday -- left it out for a few hours -- and what was crunchy suddenly was more like wooden sticks.

My buddies here in Raleigh (North Carolina) say this is extra hot for this time of year. We've had some hummers of thunderstorms, too. I've been impressed at how patient my students have been, even when they trudge through the heat, or duck out of thunderstorms. The people here at the North Carolina Quilt Symposium have been quite wonderful.

It was redwork this morning, a dating lecture this afternoon. Tomorrow, it's Quilts of the Pioneers all day...then Sunday, a dating/restoration class. Then home.

I am learning leaps and bounds about North Carolina culture, likes and dislikes. I even bought darling Husband a moon pie.

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...