Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summertime, missing Dad

Hot hot HOT again. No rain, though we have a bit of a breeze at night.

I'm still an insurance girl -- today and tomorrow. No huge crisis (thankfully), but lots of people adding vehicles...is that a sign that the economy is definitely improving, maybe? So it's busy sometimes, quiet most times.

Brin over at MessyThrillingLife came to a crossroads in her life yesterday -- she lost the house she's been working on for more than five years. But more than that, she lost a much-beloved grandfather. My heart hurts for her -- I know what it is like to lose someone you love. A tv show last night...the character called, and on the phone said, "Happy Father's Day, Dad." So what does yours truly do but start sobbing...I suddenly realized I cannot do this anymore, not until I see him again in another world.

Most of the time, I'm fine. I miss him, but I'm ok. Then in one unguarded moment, I'm a puddle of tears again.

It will pass. It will.

* * * * ** *
Slowly beginning to Put Stuff Away. I have paperwork to do, including several contracts. (I hate contracts, but they mean $$ in the long run.) And I must write up a wonderful report on an amazing Harrison campaign flag.

But the insurance work comes first.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Cindy.... about losing one's Daddy... mine left 2 years ago in June, and I happened to be one of two daughters sitting with him in the early morning. My sister, who had just moved to the small Nebraska city to be with our parents, was reading the newspaper article about she and her husband's move (he's a preacher). My dad died. I'm convinced he knew his wife was settled into her new home (long story), his daughter was there to help take care of her mother, and he could go. Having read the story of Lazarus, I was thinking ... there's angels taking him home right now. Awesome experience. For at least a year later, I would suddenly cry at the slightest thing. We tend to be stoic midwesterners, so tears are not common. In his last years, he learned how to "chat" on MSN, and I still LOVE the memory. Disabled, he had to type with a pencil on the end of a stick, so every word struggled to get on the screen. Priceless memories....

allie aller said...

Cindy, I lost my mom 32 years ago...and now, while I have continually sent her my love, I do cherish my grief for her too. I know it sounds odd...but it is one way I have kept her close to me through all these years.
But the main thing is to send love...ever more love. Your dad will feel it, and find comfort in it. Of course, you will too.

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...