Thursday, August 27, 2009

Commencing On

It's a quiet life in the neighborhood. Not much to do right now, except wait, work and quilt. Yup -- you heard right. THE BOOK (Quilts in the Golden West) is at the printer's, doing its thing...and I'm supposed to see the results in a few weeks. Some biz work has been done...more to do this weekend. Being strung up by your toes is preferable, in my opinion, to double-checking customer entries...but after Staffer gets the info entered, that's my job. Sigh.

The pleasure is that I'm quilting a 19th century top for a client. I love this kind of meditative work, watching the blocks smooth into finished beauty as you carefully stitch. Husband is headed for a men's retreat Friday, and won't come back until Sunday afternoon. I intend to live in sweatpants, eat canned soup and pizza, and stay up as late as my little heart desires. To decrease temptation, Husband will be taking the Jeep -- the only usable vehicle on the Brick lot. (He got stopped in our other car for a defective taillight, and the headlight's out, too.) That means nothing to tempt me to wander around, instead of working.

I do think I will give myself one long-deferred pleasure, though...I plan to paint the front door a deep, rich purple, to go with our grey-sage siding.

Speaking of pizza, the founder of Papa John's just paid $250,000 to get his old treasured high school Camaro back -- plus a $25,000 reward to the people who tracked it down for him. (He had to sell the car to help save his dad's tavern business...then he used the excess money to start Papa John's.) Somehow I don't think I'll ever want my first car back -- a bright blue Plymouth Duster. My brother drove it after I married Husband with his fahncy Ford Mustang. I wonder what happened to the Duster??

Back to work. Don't forget about the free giveaway!! (See my previous post.) It ends Sept. 15.

4 comments:

Sue Cahill said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend, sometimes it is so refreshing to just stay home and stay away from the rest of the crazy world. I envy you.

Enjoy your time.

Sue Cahill (sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Oh, I'd love to find my first car - a 1970 Mustang Fastback in olive green (very similar to the new green Mustangs!). My dad sold it after I got 4 speeding tickets in 6 months; probably a good thing!

Allison Ann Aller said...

A 1969 Datsun Lemon....don't think I want to find that one!

Mary said...

Wonder where the 1964 Pontiac Lemans, 3 on the floor, white interior, red outside. Paid $1000.00 for it and was in love. It was so cool! Memories!!!!!

Getting Through Life (And This Week)

In a few days, it will be better. Really.