Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Weather or Not...

The Farmer's Almanac is saying our neck of the woods -- the Rockies states -- is going to get more than our share of cold and snow this winter. The Great Lakes states are going to have it colder than usual, too... go here for more specifics, including your neck of the woods.

I find this particularly interesting, since both the Brick and I have felt we were going to get hit this winter. We jumped very quickly into more fallish weather... our dogs have grown quite heavy coats...and somehow it just 'feels' like something is coming.

Having said this, the National Weather Service disagrees. They say we're getting warmer-than-usual weather.

We'll see who's right.

In the meantime, I have been having a lot of fun putting together Hanky Panky squares from a client's old handkerchiefs...they're all neutrals, with a splash of color here and there. Although the end result is much more subdued (and more than a tad elegant!) than my usual color-wild students, I think the resulting coverlet is going to look quite lovely. Sixteen squares total.

Back to work...and to see who Judge Judy chews out today. By the way, if you want to get a personal viewpoint of the L.A. fires, try Laurie's blog at Crazy Aunt Purl. She's been watching the fires from her work office...and they look spooky.

4 comments:

notesfromthefrugaltrenches said...

I have always wanted to read the Almanac!

kerrykatiecakeskeb43 said...

I'm thinking the cold weather is coming sooner than we want it!
Kerry

Sue Cahill said...

We are probably due for a cold winter here in Western NY, we have such a horrible reputation for snow but it really isn't so bad her.

I love to hunker inside during the winter and quilt, it is so cozy I don't mind the cold.

Sue Cahill (sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

I'd love to live in a very cold climate (having lived in the South all my life) but only if I could hunker down inside and not have to deal with snow.

Happy Birthday!

...to me. Now you know why birthday freebies were included in this week's 'Stuff' po st . After the money kicked out for peach...