Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Finally Home --

and loving being here.

I flew back Monday night in a horrendous batch of clouds as we came down toward DIA. Thankfully, the pilot warned us beforehand. Not so thankfully, the clueless guy in the row ahead decided to recline his seat -- so I spent the time with literally about a foot of personal space between me and the tray table.

The trip down should have been a new ride at Elitch's, our local amusement park...first rollercoaster down, slam to a brief stop, then have the plane shake from side to side. After a few minutes of this, my seatmate turned green, and...

Well, you can guess. Mostly in the convenient bag...

But not all of it.

So I spent the rest of the time looking out the window, breathing shallowly through the mouth and desperately trying not to join him. I succeeded...but barely.

It's one of the few times I felt like kissing the ground when I got off. What a pilot!

More tomorrow. It's so nice to be back and sleeping in my own bed.

No comments:

Monday Stuff On the way to Other Stuff: Meltdown

     The nice thing about Colorado is that we have these horrendous snowstorms -- and within a few days, they're melting off -- fast. Al...