Thursday, December 10, 2009

Make Your Own Paper Notebook -- and Fire 'Logs!'

I have a shameful confession to make.

I love notebooks.

Big ones, little ones, doesn't matter, as long as they have clean-smelling pages (gold-tipped edges are even nicer), pretty covers...and a pen's nearby. (Preferably one of those old-time fountain pens with silver nibs.)

And now, thanks to a new blog, The Art of Stinginess, I know how to make my own from scrap paper! Basically, he cuts two covers from something hard(er), a batch of pages (slightly smaller than the covers), clamps them together, glues them along one edge, then pastes on a spine cover.

Looks wayyy easy.

Hmmm. Couldn't I print out book pages and bind them this way for private editions? (I've been working on a cookbook of family recipes for the girlies, as well as Nephew and his wife, and Niece.) I'm going to try it -- will let you know if it works.

In the meantime, visit Mr. Stingy's Nov. 26, 2009 post. (Unfortunately, I can only give you a blog link, not the specific post link. Something about the way he set things up.) And when you're done there, go to the Nov. 20 post to know what to do with the paper leftovers -- very cool paper log/briquettes!

* * * * *
Mom's here, cozily ensconsed in Daughter #1's room (where it's warmer). I got an electric fireplace from Sam's Club, which she seems to really like. Basically where I need to go, she goes with me, including a pit stop at Big Lots to buy Swedish ginger thins (Husband's favorite cookie, only comes out at Christmas), imported olives and other goodies for Christmas stockings.
It's nice to have her here.

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...