Friday, February 5, 2010

Bits and Pieces --

--while I continue to recover. The 'fellas' are starting to pack up and go away, but I still don't feel that great. Planning to keep a very low profile this weekend, which won't be bad. I've got lots of quilting to get done, and a snowstorm is supposed to move in Sunday, anyways.


*Marilyn Monroe new photos out there:  Nine months before her death, Marilyn visited Carl Sandburg, and another friend took some photos. They show a friendly girl with glasses and subtle dress who is anything but a sexpot. (Anybody else wonder why this supposed birdbrain is visiting people like Carl Sandburg?? Because she wasn't, that's why!) Take a look, and you'll see what I mean.


*A new approach to storage -- and clearing away. A good practical one too, I thought.


*Ten Oscar shockers: no nomination for Clint Eastwood (poor baby!), a bunch of kids movies are noted, and the movies that got the most nomations -- I saw hardly any of them. My own favorites apparently are not Oscar-worthy...how about you? Take a look here.

Off to go lay down for a while. Back soon.

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...