Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tuesday Mutterings

Why is it that when you first start to plow through an accumulated pile of Things To Do, it seems to get bigger before it gets less?

I'm finally showing some progress, but it's taken two days...and I've got plenty left. Got an e-mail from a person who HATED my Quilts of the Bible lecture. Then an e-mail from a student who LOVED my class done the same day! Go figure. (Then an invite to judge at a large quilt symposium, which made me especially happy...)
   So life goes on. Especially in the quilt and textiles world.

From the "What Was He Thinking!?" Department:
   A well-known Lincoln expert is busted -- for changing the date on a Lincoln pardon document. He did it back in the 90s, and only confessed recently. Said he wanted to be known for discovering something important. Well, he lost something else in the process -- his good name and reputation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate is such a strong word. Especially when you are talking about quilting. My bet is that she had things going wrong in her life beyond your control and possibly beyond hers. Quilts and hate don't even belong in the same universe.
Say a prayer for her and go about your life spreading the joy of quilting.
Thank you for doing what you do.
Sharyn

Cindy Brick said...

Sharyn, you are very kind...thank you.

I think you're right -- something I said (most probably mentioning more than one denomination) was a 'zinger' for her. And when the talk was shorter than she wanted (and/or she didn't feel well, had a bad time at Road,etc.), I was the convenient target.
What if I hadn't been able to defend myself, though? Quilt conference staffs will use comments like this to blackball a teacher for years -- if not ever. That makes petty comments doubly dangerous.

Monday Stuff On the way to Other Stuff: Meltdown

     The nice thing about Colorado is that we have these horrendous snowstorms -- and within a few days, they're melting off -- fast. Al...