Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Part Two

...but it's closer to this here in Colorado. At least, for now!




Our trees aren't spring-blooming yet, but they're definitely getting interested.
Promising clumps of leaves are popping up all over...I just noticed the first strawberry leaves peeking up. (Weeds too, darn it.) Peas have been planted since St. Patrick's Day, and the replanted (thanks to Charley) spinach bed is doing ok. Baby plants are poking through in the greenhouse -- think the tomatoes will stay in there all summer long. (Our nights are just not sweltering enough to make them happy in this high 6250 ft. altitude. Not that I'm complaining about that.) 
    If you enjoy gardening too, try Dirt Du Jour, the compilation of a group of gardeners who post about everything from petunias to lawn art. (They focus a bit too much on California and upscale stuff for my taste, but I still learn something every time I visit -- so it's worth it.) Some practical articles, from gardeners who are out there digging now, can be found in the Denver Post section on gardens.
I found this bushel of tips from readers helpful, too.

   It's looking sunnier today, both inside and out. Yesterday, I felt the weight of the world bearing down. (Did you guess that?) Not that much has changed, but today, somehow, it seems better. Maybe it's the daffodils smiling out from the blue glass on the worktable, or the straw Easter bunny nearby Husband seems to think psychotic. (He does stare a bit.) Some chores done. (More to go). I don't want to end up like this troubled guy.

   No matter. Life goes on. Thank God, it goes on.

No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...