Friday, March 25, 2011

Updates

Things are getting worse in Japan. A breach in one of the nuclear reactors has definitely been confirmed. What would we do if this was happening in the U.S.? I can tell you one thing -- a heck of a lot of people would be headed to Peoria to stay with Aunt Betty...

The fire near us has been 70% contained. (I know -- as if you care. But it's important to a lot of people in Colorado.) I wish I could say the same for the fire in Golden, not far away....it's still burning, but seems to be staying away from people's houses. (The current policy is to let 'er burn, if possible, if it's in wilderness.) It is sooo dry here right now. We're supposed to get rain and/or snow tonight. Still really windy. As in 30-50 mph gusts.

And I'm going to a salvage store!
   I'd heard about Palumbo's Friday Store from a news report on salvage places. However, it's in north Denver -- and it's only open on Fridays and Saturdays. I'm headed north to see Daughter #1 in Denver, then on to Boulder for lunch with Daughter #2, whose boyfriend's mom is in town for a visit. I'll stop at Palumbo's on the way home, and give you a report.

Oh yes, and Lindsay Lohan is still in big trouble, what with smacking staffers with phones (now a reopened criminal investigation), and 'borrowing' expensive necklaces.

I realize none of these have anything to do with each other -- but hey, it's been that kind of disjointed week. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Spring Is Here... And Updates

       We have now lived in Fort Garland for five months. It's been interesting to see how spring arrives here in the 'High Desert:&...