Thursday, June 23, 2011

Basement Report

No banging or crashing downstairs for a day or so now...instead, we have big sheeted areas with a huge X mark over the mold-y walls. Obviously they are Being Treated. Which is ok with me!
    We haven't heard yet about the updated aesbestos testing, either. In the meantime, I am trying to scrub away at stuff, getting it ready to go back in after the walls are done and the floors are re-poured.
    Finally Ikea is coming to Denver -- the store will open here in late July. They have some great cabinets that would work perfectly downstairs. Why don't we put those in, instead of custom-building them? I'm thinking of something like these...

In the meantime, it's hot hot hot. The dogs lay around, panting loudly. Ironing, cooking, cleaning...it all sounds sticky. But it's got to be done...

I did want you all to know how much I've appreciated your kind and concerned words about this whole situation...it's meant so much to me. Thank you. 


No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...