Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday-In-Between-Gigs

Was that a crazy-quilted top Nicki Minaj wore to the MTV Music Awards?? Now if she'd only get rid of the stupid facemask...

I'm home again. It was nice to see old friends at the Cheyenne Heritage Quilters annual gig, and admire their new show location -- much more light, more room to hang large quilts without it looking like they were jammed up against the ceiling. And I saw some amazing stuff this weekend, including two of Anne Olsen's pieces. (Anne takes old tops, reworks them, then requilts them. Beautifully.) A red and green applique of Anne's sticks in my mind, but so do a series of Japanese-inspired pieces; a state birds & flowers quilt that alternated the blocks with Log Cabins (attagirl, Ione!), and some lovely seaside-colored scrappy pieces: one in Storm at Sea, the other a pinwheel with a scrappy border. (Go, Barb and Sarah!) Finally, I fell in love with Sue's Wyoming-themed quilt, with sampler blocks superimposed on four realistic animal prints -- one for each quarter of the quilt. Lovely.

I only have a few days here, with laundry, picking beans, packing and clearing away paperwork, before leaving again, this time for the Hands All Around guild in Bloomington, IL. I'll be teaching Pioneer Quilting (with a side emphasis on how to hand quilt) and more -- come see me!


No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...