Monday, November 14, 2011

Las Vegas, Baby!

We have a wonderful room 21 floors up at the Luxor -- I've been having fun watching planes fly by! The windows are angled, so it feels a bit like we're in a French garret. (Don't all attic rooms in France have angled windows, according to the movies? Go see American in Paris or La Boheme, so I can prove it...) Except our French garret has comfortable beds, a television and lots of weird fake 'Egyptian' stuff. The armoire has hieroglyphics, and we've got a weird slab of 'stone' on the wall with 'wall paintings' on it.

While I'm getting my wits about me, take a look at this interesting post -- international workers who make reasonably good money here, but don't spend it and become the equivalent of millionaires when they get back home. Fascinating. And way different from the people parked in front of slots here.

More in a bit. 


No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...