Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kellogg's Chocolate Frosted Flakes: A Review

Sometimes I'm sent products to try out, for work as a BzzAgent.

This week, I got a few boxes of Kellogg's Chocolate Frosted Flakes. If you're doing the Spanish thing, you'll know them better as Choco Zucaritas.



My dad ate cornflakes nearly every morning of his life. That makes me very familiar with this icon of American-ness. But I rarely ate them myself.

This morning, had a bowl of  Choco Zucaritas, with a good-sized shot of leche...

     muy bueno!

Crunchy, chocolatey...but not too sweet. (I liked that.) The crunch held, too, through the entire bowl. (The regular cornflakes had a habit of getting soggy before the finish -- but not these.) 

The Mama enjoys making 'cherry winks' for Christmas -- crunchy cookies rolled in cornflakes and topped with a maraschino cherry. I can see these done with chocolate frosted flakes instead, and topped with a chocolate kiss. Yum...

    So do these pass the test? You bet. Kids will be especially thrilled.


No comments:

Zzzzzzzz...

After four hours at Tuesday Morning's checkout line today, I can honestly relate. Okay, maybe a nap AND a cookie.