Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: Windy February

It's a short 'Monday Stuff' column this week. We didn't get home from Tucson until late....and I drove most of the way, after starting at 6:30 a.m. My 'relief driver' got a speeding ticket in New Mexico, which dampened her wings for the rest of the trip. "I'm just glad he didn't stop me when I was doing 105!"she later said. No, I didn't realize it at the time. A lot of straight stretches, coming up from AZ to CO. (And no, I didn't offer to pay the ticket.)
     We made it home intact, toting bags of Arizona grapefruit, some red pepper ristras (hey, we went through Hatch!) and a boatload of rock specimens. Had a great time with friends Neil and Joline, too. It was a wonderful trip, though we fought a lot of wind coming home...and it was snowing in Nederland when daughter Angel and boyfriend Keith got home.
      While I'm recuperating (and putting away stuff), I will be back to my regular posting -- it was sparse this past week, and I apologize. But trudging around gem shows takes it out of you. Big-time.
      Plus, I am reasonably certain I need a visit to the dentist -- and a root canal. Oh joy.

Another approach to budgeting: learn to live on last month's income. (From The Simple Dollar)

Warren Buffett is a frugal miser, too. I don't always admire this pennywise investor's personal life, but he's got his saving patterns honed. (From My Frugal Miser)

Ten ways to get stuff for free. From yours truly, via Midlife Finance. As well as:

Get E-Books for Free. Also from yours truly, but on Penny Thots. This is a great way to expand your library...and if you don't have a Kindle (I don't), you can still read these on Amazon's Cloud Reader.

Henry the Eighth's Lemon Tarts. Also known as Richmond Maids of Honour. (What can I say -- he had a thing for women. Lots of them.) Another contribution on Penny Thots from yours truly. And yes, this recipe is thought to be truly from Henry's time!



Top Ten Craziest Events Ever Caught On Live TV -- remember some of these?



50 Common Misconceptions (From Mental Floss)


...and a very tired person. Have a great week.

No comments:

You Go, Kids!

  More great 'wholesome' posts via Bored Panda .. .