Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Piles, Piles, Piles

...no, I am not talking about health issues.

Coming back, after 2 1/2 months away, means you're not only going to bring a bunch of stuff back...that stuff, after it comes out of the car, is going to accumulate in big messy glops of stuff.

And your partner, however well-meaning, has been contributing to his own piles ever since you left.

Right now the Brick house has STUFF. Some are my piles, some are the Brick's...and some are contributions from friend Constance, who moved shortly before I left. (And brought over her leftover cleaning products, unused spices, as well as things like ironing boards and storage crates.)

Guess where these piles are?

Basically everywhere you look.

I've been trying to tackle at least one pile a day, by:

*pouring cleaning products together
*throwing out stained or damaged clothing (we've got enough, based on the piles, to merit this)
*taking items out of their packaging
*using boxes and other storage (hello, crates!) to consolidate things like fabric, leftover kits and embellishments

Oh, and ironing and Putting Away. The Brick kept his clothes washed, but let the ironing accumulate big-time. I spent a few hours last night ironing, and more's on the docket today.

Sooner or later, I should start seeing results. Meanwhile, there's another pile that needs organizing...wish me luck.


(Here's a slideshow on how organizing a house can only make it look more messy!)



Oh my goodness, it's a.... floor!

1 comment:

LouAnne said...

I totally understand the trip "thing".....but I've learned a valuable lesson this year. Everything I bought on our trip was piled on top of a "pile" I had left on my cutting board when we left. When I finished getting the new stuff put away, I had NO idea what the old pile was for. From now on, when I take a trip, I will leave notes on things in progress before I leave!

Frugal Hits & Misses: March Report

 This has been a tighter month than most -- due in great part to some unexpected truck expenses. Last month's property tax payment sucke...