Thursday, June 2, 2016

What Do You Think About the Gorilla Affair?

Unless you live on Planet Snerf, you'd have to be blind and deaf not to know about the three-year-old who climbed into a gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo -- and Harambe, the 17-year-old gorilla with him (who may or may not have been protecting the little guy) was shot, as a result.



Some witnesses say you had to be there. And I understand that. Accidents happen. (And stuff like this has happened before.)



And at least the family isn't asking for (or accepting) donations. (Check the link above for specifics.)

But it strikes me that this kid could have been better supervised. To get as far as he did suggests that wasn't reaaalllyyy the case.
   

I'm not the only one who thinks so, either, like this mom. Her daughter, Shar-Lo, tweeted her about it, to see how she'd respond:

Brazen answer: A Twitter user known as Shar Lo took to Twitter to share her mother's cheeky response to what she would do if she and her brother fell into a gorilla enclosure 



Hey Mama, you and me, we agree.
    
(And yes, girlies, we still love you. And I would have been holding on to y'all by your necks, too.)

2 comments:

Lisa in Nevada said...

The whole thing saddens me. Yeah, mom should have had a closer eye on her child.
I'm not familiar with that zoo, but it should not have been that easy for a child to climb over/through a barrier.
The zoo had no choice, but to kill a beautiful, endangered animal. Even if the Gorilla was "protecting" the child, he was dangerous and unpredictable
I know that my children...even at the age of three....were NEVER allowed to act like that in public. You want to be an ass at home, I'll cut you some slack, but in public there are rules...

Cindy Brick said...

You're right -- the whole thing IS sad.

And, I think, was preventable.

Thanks so much for writing and commenting.

You Go, Kids!

  More great 'wholesome' posts via Bored Panda .. .