Friday, June 2, 2017

An American Tragedy

Oh boo hoo... Kathy Griffin is scared.

Ever since she held up a bleeding severed head of President Trump, she's been picked on.

Misunderstood.

Unloved.

'Bullied' by Trump's family.   ("[They are] trying to ruin my life forever," she cried.)

Checked on by the Secret Service. (Yes, they investigate threats against the president, Ms. Griffin. Holding a replica of his severed head would qualify.)

Even her mom hates her.  (If she has pets, maybe the they feel the same way. Who knows.)

She lost a boatload of comedy appearances and hosting opportunities, too. 
      Her career may be over -- permanently. (Be sure to say this dramatically.)

During an interview, accompanied by her lawyer (hmmm), Ms. Griffin tried very hard to turn all the blame elsewhere. (Have we seen this before recently??)

'"He's a bully," she said of the president. 'I've dealt with older, white guys trying to keep me down my whole life, my whole career. I'm a woman in a very male-dominated field. I love what I do, I love making people laugh more than anything in the world.'
     Griffin admitted that there are some things she would change about the photo shoot. 'I feel horrible. I have performed in war zones. The idea that this made people think of this tragedy -- people that have been touched by this tragedy is horrifying and it's horrible.'"

The poor self-appointed "in-your-face comedian," who Wikipedia describes as "ultimately best-known for her caustic commentary on D-list celebrities," then broke down in tears. After all, she didn't mean anything by it... except to be rude and cutting to the same person many media types enjoy doing the same thing to. They're all doing it. Why can't she? (After all, she's been screwing over "D-list celebrities" for years.)

Well, let's see.  Like it or not, HE'S THE PRESIDENT.

There are rules about that sort of thing, including dignity and respect for the office. I would still say this if Bernie Sanders, Al Gore or Jim Carrey won the election, instead of Trump.

The million-dollar (unanswered) question:

      No one forced you, Ms. Griffin. 
                           Why in the world did you think
                             it would be a good idea, in the first place?







2 comments:

Mary said...

Well said Cindy

Cindy Brick said...

Thank you, Mary...

but I feel foolish pointing it out now.

Kathy Griffin is not a stupid person.

What in the world was she thinking?!?!

(Thanks so much for writing.)

If You Love Animals...

This is one of the most heartwarming videos I've ever experienced. You'll like it, too. A little kindness goes a long way.