Sunday, April 29, 2018

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: HOME

After two weeks with my zany Australian tour, I am finally back. It was a great experience; I'm glad I did it. And I feel like I made new friends. But it's also wonderful to eat your own cooking (especially when it's not deep-fried, or out of a flash-frozen package), pet your dog and sleep in your own bed, snuggled up to the guy I love: the Brick.
    This week will mean lots of work catching up -- including a talk at the Castle Rock Quilt Club on "Good, Better, Best" Tuesday night. (New Hope Presbyterian Church -- starts at 6:00 p.m. Come on by!) But it's okay. 

Here they are -- they should be just getting home today.
Also, the final version of my book goes on to Production today. I have nine hundred bazillion reference books and all sorts of scribbled notes to clear away. I'd better let the 'other' Cindy Brick know I'm tidying up. 

On with May...

Friday touring Jamesport -- one final look at my Aussie friends and their adventures. I've been to this Amish settlement several times over the years; it was one of the Brick's mom's favorite places to go. Strangely, very little had changed! How often can you say that...   (From News From Jude)

Ten little-known natural wonders.  (From Listverse)

Rags to riches -- an oldie from Yours Truly about Horatio Alger.

Homophobic comments... hacked? Or not...

Ten things to love about Disney World -- and two not so much.  (From Money Beagle)

"All my ideas are stolen."  Artist Damien Hirst finally admits it. Seems a little too proud about it too, the bugger.

24 food prep tricks that are 'darkly brilliant.'  (From Cracked) If you liked those, here are 41 more.

Ten of the most valuable pieces Pawn Stars ever processed.

A trip to Brush via Limon, CO...with one of my favorite bloggers, Kevin and Ruth. Now you know what it looks like, too.

Terrific no-bake peanut butter bars. Five ingredients -- that's it.  (From Crazy For Crust)


Live debt-free on $40,000 a year. Or  less.  (From Len Penzo)

Four regrets to avoid at all costs. I'm not saying I completely agree with these, but they do make you think.  (From Bloglovin)

The Broncos announced their latest picks at... Casa Bonita?? If you've ever visited this wacky Denver landmark, you'd wonder about it too.

25 priceless pieces of art and history -- gone.  (From Listverse)

College is optional -- education isn't.  (From Surviving and Thriving)

8 flea market finds that turned out to be much more than thought! As in hundreds, thousands and hundreds of thousand dollars...

The husband who proposed, using a coupon!  (From Prudent Homemaker)

The best and worst of the art world this week, including a stunning $150 million pre-auction estimate for a Modigliani painting (wonder if they'll get it?) an auction of Madonna's hairbrush and underwear, and that stupid perfume bottle based on Kim Kardashian's body. Guess which one goes to which?  (From Artnet)


Have a good week.



No comments:

Lessons Learned From A Gunslinger: The Redux

      I wrote this post for another website years ago...but it's worth visiting again. And yes, Paladin and we are still buddies.      W...