Monday, April 9, 2018

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: Emergency!

Oh my, it's been a zany weekend. Week, for that matter.

I spent all day Saturday with the Pride City Quilt Guild ladies, doing appraisals, looking at their show (which was wonderful), and learning all sorts of stories for The Book. (Which is still in progress. Yes, I'm late.) If you're in the Pueblo area, visiting or living there, take some time to get to know the guild, which has regular meetings (and welcomes new members). Also, we were at El Pueblo, a museum overflowing with history and exhibits. While we were there, a tribal dance promoting healing for veterans was going on -- lots of drums and chanting. Fascinating. 

That was the fun part.

Yesterday, I was busily typing away, headed to Highlands Ranch (in the writing!) when the Brick started to hurt. Really bad. By early evening, we were in the emergency room, where we stayed until 3 a.m., when the pain finally let up. Kidney stones. I am so grateful that we now have an emergency room and hospital just a few minutes drive away. 

     He is feeling MUCH better this morning, thank God, but still a little wobbly. Having that much medication pumped through you, while you're hurting, as well... it takes a lot out of you. I'm just relieved he's finished with the worst. 

But it also means that the time I'd set aside for The Book needs to be made up, somehow. No, I didn't get that much sleep, either.

Meanwhile, Colorado is going through its usual spring fling: rain, then snow, then sun...then rain again. Don't look away, or you'll miss something. 


Some of the Pride City ladies...from their website
On to the Stuff:


Ten disappearances (some of them permanent) attributed to a strange mist.  (From Listverse)

Three free sessions on how to deal with scams -- April 11, 17 & 19, so sign up soon. I just got a phone call this morning from the 'IRS:' magically they no longer know how to speak plain English. (Some odd twists of sentences and word use that automatically signalled, 'This is not my native language.') If they're right, I'm going to have 'cops' on my doorstep tomorrow morning, just waiting for me to get up. Yeah, sure. Would the IRS even USE the word 'cops???'

    A strong reminder here: The IRS would NEVER call you by phone -- they send letters. They WILL use proper English. They WON'T make threats to instantly have you hauled off to jail. And they WON'T demand instant payment in odd ways, like gift cards, transfers and such. Just sayin'. Don't believe everything you're told by a stranger, without checking it out. Me included.

Homemade 'flock blocks' for your chickens. Yes, I hope to have some again someday. (From Hundred Dollars A Month) Speaking of...

A steady chicken cam? I don't know what to think about this...





How old, really is the Log Cabin quilt pattern? A classic from yours truly. (And it's a lot older than you think.)

I just found this, too -- a live webcam of Vail, CO. Notice they've still got snow? Ours is gone, even though it snowed last night.

Plus a live bald eagle cam.  From Minnesota. (I can't seem to get our Colorado ones to work.)

People having a bad day:




More next week, when the dust settles. 
       Have a good week


Thanks, Pinterest

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...