Wednesday, August 29, 2018

I Can Only Imagine

It's been a weird day.




I learned only this morning that an old friend from my quilting world is gone. Nancy Kirk died yesterday afternoon. (More on Nan here.)

This landed on top of the news about another person who I respected so much: Opal Frey died recently, as well. She was a shining light in the Colorado quilt world -- heavily involved with the state guild, the Colorado Quilt Council. She also had a strong influence on the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum and its work.

I know I'm getting older. Others are, too. (Opal was 96.) But it feels strange to hear of these friends dying. I guess I thought they were indesctructible.

If you've lost someone dear to you, or are struggling with the actions of someone close to you...

You need to see I Can Only Imagine. 

It's the story of the band MercyMe, and lead singer Bart Millard's rocky relationship with his dad. (It's amazing how closely the movie follows Millard's -- and the band's -- story.)




It will rip your heart out -- and heal it, at the same time.

So will the song the movie is based on.



I'm a big fan of Mercy Me; their song Flawless has also been a strength and encouragement.






Hopefully it is for you, too.




No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...