Tuesday, August 14, 2018

One More Day...

I'm tired.




Tomorrow starts work at the Cheyenne Heritage Quilters's show.

Meanwhile, we took Daughter #2 and Son #1 to the airport, at a feather-ruffling 5:30 a.m., to catch a flight. We have to go back and pick up friends tonight, around 10:30 p.m...after taking them to the airport a week ago. Another friend got a ride to the airport, for her father's funeral.
    DIA should be giving us credits every time we drive in there...which will be next week again, to pick up Daughter and Son.

The Brick is out working on the trailer. He's already fixed the water system, and the electrical system is in progress. I need to get out there, put away groceries and make the bed.

He is doing much better, but gets tired fast. I don't blame him. This has been a horrendous six weeks for him. But at least the surgeon gave him a clean bill of health yesterday...the surgeon said his gallbladder hadn't been working for some time, anyways -- so having it (and his appendix) gone was a big step forward for his health.




A huge batch of appraisals have gone on their merry way. A few more must be finished before we leave. (I already know I have two big reports to finish off -- and after Saturday, I'll have two full days of appraisals to send out from the show.)

 One more check on The Book, and a final signoff. Starting to pick up readings and book signings...which is great.

It's raining and thundering like crazy -- the first substantial storm we've gotten in a few weeks. Charley and Ruby hate it, and are hiding under the table Apparently Mom Will Save Them.

And here I am, dirty dishes in the sink, clothes to wash, errands to do (no milk in the fridge, after all)...

    ....and wishing I could run away from home. 

The Brick said he'd join me.  I know -- we'll take the trailer and the dogs, and we'll head for Cheyenne.

Tomorrow.



No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...