Sunday, April 21, 2019

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: Who Needs Stability?!

The past few weeks have been really freaky. Now that our plans are changing, it makes sense not to worry about the future. 

At least, not right now.

I have faith in the King and my family. My weaknesses...as well as my strengths. I know what I can do -- and what I can't. 

So it's just continue to clear out the house, plus work on appraisal reports (and a book proposal for a Ghosts & Legends sequel!). And behave myself. 

For now. 





Meanwhile:

If you're thinking about retiring, plan to build in some 'cushions.' Trust me -- these are important.  (From Thrifty Gal)

Some fascinating archeological/treasure finds recently in Israel, including a 1600-year-old gold coin found by four teenagers while orienteering.

The lady who sent more than 159,000 texts to her one-date man...thinks that if she went on trial, the jury would require him to marry her!

A dog found swimming -- 135 miles off the coast of Thailand!  (He's safe now.)

Eating out for less than 2.50 a day. Where? In Thailand.   And you don't have to swim out to get the bargains, either. (From Travelnanna)

What do you do (and say) to an officer, if you're stopped for speeding? Look for Dave Arnold's answer, in particular -- it's perfect.   (From Quora)
     Or do what I did, years ago, on a very bad day -- burst into tears. Our girlies, who were walking home from school and saw me stopped, also burst into tears. The poor policeman didn't know what to do with three crying females, I'm guessing -- and let me go. 

Ten incredible moments documented by police dashcams.





Traveling all the time -- how this couple managed to accomplish it. (I know...some people wouldn't enjoy this. Others would.)  Thanks for hosting this post, Making Sense of Cents.

'Overheard at the coffee shop:'  Vol. 5 of some very interesting answers and comments. (From J.Money)

Big-time bitcoin hackers who stole millions. Do they look sorry for what they did? Naaah. Rather pleased with themselves, actually.

'Have you ever had a bad feeling about a place, then got out of there -- fast?' Some intensely creepy answers, thanks to Quora.
     My own feelings on this subject -- God gave you instinct for a purpose. Pay attention; you won't regret it. The only times I've had regrets were because I didn't listen to that small voice!

Willard Buttrick's powder horn. Used during the American Revolution!  (From Skinner Auctions)\\




Copycat pizza recipes. Your favorites, interpreted for home.  (From Taste of Home)

An honest look at what a single woman actually eats during the week. At least this one... (From the Misadventures of Widowhood)

Ten habits of people who don't get stressed... much.

Adventures in the clearance section. One of my favorite places. (From Surviving and Thriving)

Cashing out stocks to buy real estate -- should you do it?  (From the Financial Samurai)

Ten historic sites -- gone out of stupidity(From Listverse)


Have a great week. And always bear in mind:


No comments:

Lessons Learned From A Gunslinger: The Redux

      I wrote this post for another website years ago...but it's worth visiting again. And yes, Paladin and we are still buddies.      W...