Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Monday (Wednesday) Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Going Crazy in Granby

Boy, what a week. 
Monday was a talk for History Colorado. Tuesday, Daughters #1 & #2, along with Son #1 and Daughter #1's boyfriend, came to help clear stuff out. Wednesday (today), we rented a chainsaw for Son #1 and the Brick to clear out some of the dead trees on the property. For the past three or so hours, the air has been redolent with the sounds of sawing and tree branches cracking. 
    Finally, the reno guys are back to work on the house, too. Progress is picking up again. 
    What a relief. 

Tomorrow evening, I'll be talking about Crazy quilts at the Peaks & Pines Quilt Guild meeting in Granby, CO. It's a lovely spot, right in middle of a wide valley surrounded by mountains. Come hear -- then stay for the 'how to make a Crazy' class on Friday. Every student will not only get a wide array of embellishments, thanks to my cleaning out my stash -- they'll also get a free copy of my book CRAZY QUILTS!


     Then Saturday, I'll be doing some appraising for the guild, before I head back for home...and more work on the house. 

Go here for more info. This is a enthusiastic guild...and I love teaching for them. 

We're going to have fun. 

Meanwhile, here are some bits and pieces I managed to gather up between dumpster-throwing and door-painting. Apologies that they're late this week. Next should be better. 

Ten beautiful windows in London -- many of them stained-glass.

The cat that lived in the Tower of London.  (From what I've read, she's commemorated in a stained-glass window, as well...but I couldn't find it.)

More historic cat stories here.

The weird tale of a guy's job as a 'popcorn man' in Disneyland.   Really makes you wonder about the Magic Kingdom...

"And there goes my clean driving record:" diary of a speeding ticket by Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Poor girl.

Tons of trash -- more than 24,000 pounds, to be exact -- removed from Everest. Plus four bodies.

A toy car found in a shed in Britain goes for nearly $4500 -- more than four times the pre-sale estimate.


1 comment:

Barbara said...

I wish we could still dress the way these 2 ladies are and not be labeled "vintage." Love the dress on the right especially. And I think she may be wearing Naturalizer shoes, too. My last (of many) pair of Naturalizers finally bit the dust about 6 months ago. I wore them faithfully to church for nearly 20 years.

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...