Forgot to mention this earlier...Daughter #1 met the Mama and yours truly at the airport last Wednesday, with a big smile and a lovely double-breasted coat tossed over her arm. Thick navy wool, classic buttons, designer back, fitted her perfectly.
She kept grinning. Know why? Because that gorgeous coat cost her approx. $40. It was on sale (30% off), and she combined it with a 40% off coupon that she got for complaining about crappy service at the store. (Yet another reason for speaking up -- respectfully.) A $120-plus coat...for $40.
Her Hollander grandpa would be proud! I know I was, at her resourcefulness.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment