Tuesday, September 1, 2015

In Case You're Wondering...

    We're still here. 



I'm still doing my job -- in fact, I just sent out a boatload of appraisals today. More are on the schedule next week.

Some restoration work for a few clients...a collection committee meeting for the local museum...

    And then a trip to Granby to lecture and do some more appraising. That part of my life is very busy right now. I take this job --and my reputation -- seriously. I work hard at it.

Some writing is waiting -- but also a few days of blessed time to sew. Whatever I want, for hours if I want. Some curtains first, I think...yards of sheer silk overlaid with tasseled circles have been waiting. I can see them blowing gently in the breeze, the tassels swaying in the sunshine.

     The time's coming...I just have to hang in there a bit longer.

The Brick gave his notice at work. He has two more weeks before his new life begins. He came home from work today, and plopped down, a big smile on his face. "You have no idea how wonderful it is," he said, "to have a boss who no longer can touch you."

    Life goes on, doesn't it...and it is very much worth persevering for.






    

No comments:

Monday Stuff On the way to Other Stuff: Meltdown

     The nice thing about Colorado is that we have these horrendous snowstorms -- and within a few days, they're melting off -- fast. Al...