Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thinking About Wedding Cakes

Daughter #2 is getting married!




I've been having fun watching her plan for her upcoming wedding. She and our new son were over for supper. After debating trivial items like month, day and place, we got to the good stuff:
      wedding cakes.

She wants chocolate.

I've never done a chocolate wedding cake...but I make a mean Sachertorte. 

    (Yes, I've made a wedding cake before. In another life, I was a caterer...grew up doing it. The Mama was a caterer. Daughter #1 has done her share of catering...I must have passed it on to her!)

Turns out there are a bunch of chocolate wedding cakes out there. Here are some worth considering, thanks to Pinterest:

















German chocolate and ganache...here we come.

No comments:

Spring Is Here... And Updates

       We have now lived in Fort Garland for five months. It's been interesting to see how spring arrives here in the 'High Desert:&...