Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Update on the 'Altered' Check

Remember the little dear, who magically changed my $5 check into a $50 one?

Magic fingers, all right... from margadirube.tumblr.com via Pinterest

Well, she may have gotten away with it -- but at least my money's back.

The credit union admitted there was funny stuff going on with the doctored check, and refunded the entire amount.

Bless you, Air Academy Credit Union. May all your ones become tens.





That's the good news.  The bad news: no one, credit union or police department included, thinks that $50 is enough to try and hunt this nice young girl down.

Money is money to me -- whether it's $5 or $5000. 



I understand why they've made the decision -- after all, they have much larger fish to fry, so to speak. Tracking down criminals takes time and effort.  But that also means that this 'nice' girl got away with scamming the money. (Or maybe she didn't -- I haven't heard from the marketing company yet.)

And if 'Little Miss Liar-Pants' (as one of my appraiser colleagues calls her) did it once, she'll do it again. 

But not to me.

No comments:

Monday Stuff On the way to Other Stuff: Meltdown

     The nice thing about Colorado is that we have these horrendous snowstorms -- and within a few days, they're melting off -- fast. Al...