Disclaimer note here: I got this coffee sample free in the mail, but am not being paid to write this review.
Joffrey's Coffee (see http://www.joffreys.com/ ) has just started up a club, and yours truly was one of the bloggers to join. Their first sample arrived last week -- Jamaican Me Crazy.
Love the name! But the coffee won't be making a long-term stop in our household. We like our coffee strong and dark, first and foremost: the coffee should speak, then any other flavors.
JMC is a mild Arabica coffee. It has an aroma and aftertaste of toffee. The latter seemed reminiscent of the caramelized-sugar aftertaste often found when using Mexican coffee beans.
If you prefer a lighter flavored coffee, you'd enjoy this one. Stronger coffee buffs might want to abstain -- I tried using more for a stronger pot, but it just got bitter.
So not bad -- but not for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Getting Up
...and getting the Brick out the door, lunch in hand. This early schedule wears on late-night people like me. I can do it -- but really, t...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment