Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back from the Crazy Hotel!

I got in last night, after eight hours on the road through Nebraska, Kansas and home to Colorado. Whew...hot wind, hot air. It's good to snuggle back in my own bed, next to the Husband. And wake up to a dog nose sniffing mine.

The Crazy Quilt Retreat was GREAT!!! Piles of stuff everywhere. Beautiful ribbons, charms, lace...beautiful pieces, shown by their shy-but-proud makers. A prom dress swap, reduced to piles of threadbare bits and pieces. Lots of talk, visiting back and forth, bright eyes and welcoming smiles. I had a wonderful time. (More on this to come.)

In the meantime, I found this outstanding post on feeding your family in lean times:

http://athomelaurel.blogspot.com/2008/07/eating-well-in-lean-times-summer-is.html

Don't miss the links in this article -- they're just as good as the original post.
The sun's out, the washer's going, and a pile of dishes await. I'd better get to it.

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...