Ardis James, the feminine half of the famous James Collection, died in mid-July. She will be greatly missed by many, including her husband Robert. Here's her story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Another Great One Is Gone: Jo Ellyn Julian
My heart is breaking. One of my (really, our) dearest friends from Castle Rock died last week on Sept. 23. She had been struggling with ...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
1 comment:
Yes dears, it's me, still plugging away in Nebraska. The conference and testing went well (I think), and we'll be home early tomorrow. Won't come too soon -- we had a huge storm, complete with tornado warning, during the final banquet.
You may have heard this already, but what with the personal brouhaha, I hadn't -- Ardis James, the famous collector and wife of Robert James, died in mid-July. She had not been in good health for some time. Read more here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/17/arts/ardis-butler-james-quilt-collector-dies-at-85.html?_r=1
And I'll be back in touch shortly.
Post a Comment