Tuesday, June 26, 2018
You've Got Work To Do!
In my case, it's a little farm girl, scruffy and fierce. She enjoys pointing out the boneheaded things I've managed to do, where I grew up (not much money -- she especially points that out), tasks that still need to be taken care of around here... and right now, a house full of STUFF that needs to go (or be put away).
But if I tell her to leave me alone, she does. She then goes in the corner and pouts -- until my next moment of uncertainty.
If you don't have a similar 'negative committee' (even if it's just one), you're not being honest with yourself. They're what keep you true to what's right.
Just don't believe them all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Getting Up
...and getting the Brick out the door, lunch in hand. This early schedule wears on late-night people like me. I can do it -- but really, t...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...

2 comments:
Thanks, I need this image today and it's so true.
Glad to help, Virginia! (Though my inner little farm girl is muttering about it...)
Hang in there. Thanks for writing.
Post a Comment