Saturday, October 5, 2019

Back To Not Sleeping...And Updates

     I shouldn't be doing this. Everything's okay.

Our house sold. (Last week.)

Bills are paid, including for the world cruise. Plane tickets and passports, too. (There's a longer story here, coming in a future post.)

Truck is back from the shop. BUT...

The trailer is still in the shop, after more than a week -- and will stay there until Monday night.

Good friends invited us to stay with them while the trailer was repaired. Little did they know it would take almost two weeks! Thankfully, the trailer has a new freshwater tank (which doesn't leak); a new spark mechanism on the hotwater heater, plus a host of other little items have been noticed and fixed. It should be in good shape when the Brick, avec chiens, goes hunting next week. (And I return to Good Friends' house for some days...two talks to give here in town, or I would go with him.)

We've found a parking spot for the fifth-wheel on a friend's property. We'll do some maintenance, and act as kind-of caretakers, to earn our keep. He even encouraged us to come and go as we pleased. God is good -- we never thought to ask this friend. He suggested it, instead. Wow.

So everything is marching along -- not as quickly as I would have liked, but still -- it's forward progress.


Only I can't sleep. 



If I go to bed, I'll snooze for an hour or two -- then be wide awake. Generally it's around 4 a.m., when our friend gets up. (She's an early riser. We, on the other hand, are not.)

Or I may not get to sleep at all -- just lay there for an hour and stare at the ceiling. Tonight, I gave up at 1:30 a.m. -- got up, had a snack and worked on the computer.

It's now a little past 3:00 a.m.  Maybe I can rest. 






No comments:

Lessons Learned From A Gunslinger: The Redux

      I wrote this post for another website years ago...but it's worth visiting again. And yes, Paladin and we are still buddies.      W...