Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Achoo!

     I would like to tell you that all is hunky-dory here at Chez Brick. But it is not.

     I came home last week to the Brick not feeling that well, Within a few days, he was running a fever, moaning a lot and coughing like crazy. He also had a sore throat, which meant serving soft foods. And resting a lot. I'm grateful for series like Endeavour, which doesn't take much more than brainpower to follow. (We don't always know what they're saying -- Britspeak -- but can usually figure it out.)




Plus canned soups, sandwiches, Wheat Thins (with swiss cheese) and dried miso soup blends. 

     Today, it was my turn. 

     I woke up jammed against the headboard -- our air mattress decided to give up the ghost. (Probably got tired of listening to both of us cough, sneeze and thrash around.) My throat hurts. A permanent headache seems to have moved in. And of course, it's still hot hot HOT, in spite of a blessed afternoon rainshower. 

     The only good thing: this means I get to stay home and work on the huge pile of appraisals that needs to be done, after the Black Canyon Quilt Show -- and before that. 

     The only bad part: neither of us feels like cooking, but turning on the oven means heating up the trailer to an uncomfortable degree. Putting stuff away is on the back burner, as well -- so our place looks like a warehouse, rather than a living space.

     I pulled out a jar of bulgur for supper-- I can make that ahead of time, and mix it with garlic, lemon and veggies. Plus something else, protein-wise. 

    The Brick is feeling better...and ordering a new mattress.  Hopefully, I will feel better too, soon. We've got stuff to do.





No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...