Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Saved By A Thread - And Updates

 What is the matter with us?

We thought that Covid was in the rearview mirror...but the Brick had a setback yesterday, and I seem to be 'enjoying' one today, complete with a reemergence of fever. Which is not good, because 1) it's hot again, and 2) I have a ton of work to do. The fog needs to leave. Preferably miles away.

Last night, we had one of the worst rain and windstorms we've had in years. The trailer was shuddering as rain lashed against the windows and pounded on the roof. (So glad we got the roof replaced this spring!) Finally it let up, but both Ruby and I were a bit nervous after that. The Brick was unimpressed -- he saw far worse growing up on the coast in North Carolina, I guess. 


I was not scared, Mommmmm!


Both Daughter #1 and Daughter #2 have birthdays coming up in the next few weeks. I need to get better, so we can be with them! 

Although life is quiet right now, I still have things to pick up and put away. Being sick means that no one does that... you just let it lie, and it piles up.

     Well, I can't do that anymore. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Friend Holly Anderson sent me this great 'spool dress' photo from an exhibit. It's gorgeous, all right -- but anyone who's held spools in their hand knows they can get heavy. Holly wondered how someone would move around, dragging this kind of weight. I just wonder how she keeps the top from falling down! 



(Thanks, Holly. May your tops forever stay up.)



1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I like the spool dress. That took a long time to make but what do you do with it after everyone has seen it? You can't wear it. Do you stick it in the attic with the holiday ornaments and other junk? Do you unwrap the thread and use it for sewing? Is it sold in an art auction for someone else to deal with?

Ignore me. I am feeling claustrophobic from all the food laying around on the kitchen floor waiting to be canned, frozen, dehydrated, or eaten.

Jeannie@GetMetoTheCountry

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...