Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Great American Quilt Factory...Is No More (Soon)

     It's been more than a week since the geniuses at The Great American Quilt Factory announced their intention to retire and close the store. (You may know them better as Nancy Smith and Lynda Milligan of Possibilities.)  If you've ever visited the Denver area, you know that their store was one of the greats in Colorado. Wonderful fabrics, a wide selection of tools and books, and intriguing ideas wherever you turned...I will miss going there greatly. Check out the store while you still can -- I'm not sure what the current discount is (it was 20% the first week), but I was told the percentage would go up with time "until everything's gone."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just back from teaching and appraising for the Pride City Quilt Guild in Pueblo. (Hi, dears!) They're a wonderful group, welcoming and full of interesting ideas. Thanks for your help yesterday...I had a great time!

I am a bit wiped, though. Have been hacking my way through the kitchen dishes, and washing clothes. Finishing up some biz stuff, and wondering why in the world I'm so tired.
     Husband's 56th birthday was Sunday. (Happy B-Day, Davy! I love you so much.) We picked up the girlies in the morning, then headed for the Mt. Princeton Hot Springs to celebrate. For most of the trip, the road was clear...but we had some scary moments for about five miles there, when snow was gusting over the road. Vehicles were in the ditch, with flashing lights...oh boy.
    There's nothing like soaking in clouds of steam and hot water, with snowflakes falling on your head! But I think we all got chilled...I can't seem to stay warm, once I get to that exalted state. Maybe that's the reason for the fatigue.




a birthday cake for the Brick...

No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...