Monday, January 23, 2023

Remembering

     Yesterday, the 22nd, marks the year anniversary of The Mama's death.



     It has been a little hard to bear, on the heels of our dear auntie's funeral earlier this week. But God knows -- and cares -- when we lose the people we love. 

     This song was part of our aunt's funeral service. It is difficult, and encouraging at the same time. I wanted you to hear it, Gentle Readers, if you, like my blogger friend Jeannie, have lost someone you care about in recent months -- or years.

     I cannot listen to it without weeping now -- but that will pass. Hopefully this will comfort and encourage you, too.




Love you, Ma. Love you, Pa. See you soon.











4 comments:

Shirley in Washington said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My dear Mama died in April of 2022. She was 99 years old and I miss her everyday. God's comfort and blessings to you. Shirley

Cindy Brick said...

Thank you, Shirley. Thank you for your kind words -- they are much appreciated.

Jeannie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your auntie. It just plain hurts especially when your heart is still sore and tender.

I have never heard the song, "It Isn't Death to Die" and it started me crying again. Every day something happens to remind me and the tears begin flowing again. I know it will pass...eventually.

I finished reading the book you recommended, "Grief Observed" by C.S. Lewis. It was a comfort knowing my thoughts and feelings are shared by others. It's nice to not be alone but I don't wish grief on anyone.

Thank you for thinking about me.

Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

Cindy Brick said...

Jeannie, we have never met -- and may never meet.

Nonetheless, you have become my friend. And I care about you and your family.

Thank you for writing.

I Shouldn't Be Laughing...

  Poor guy...