Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Gooooo, Blue! (And Flu, Too)

 Yes, Michigan is now the champ in college football! 

(Pardon me while I jump around and hum "Hail to the Victors...few people, me included, actually know all the words!)





We watched the game in a restaurant in Alamosa, along with a dozen or so rowdy Michigan and Washington fans. The Brick wore his Michigan sweatshirt, and one drunk kept high-fiving and hugging him after every touchdown and 'squeaker' moment. (Son #1 asked, 'Did the guy ask Dad for his phone number?' Apparently he's experienced overly-friendly people doing this. 'But they never call,' Son said.)

In between yelling, I just tried hard not to throw up. 

Mr. Flu decided to join me at the table -- by game's end, I was seriously ill. Made it home ok, but had strange dreams all night, in between the fever and chills.

I'm feeling better, particularly fever-wise. But now the Brick is experiencing some of the symptoms I had. Yuck. 

The woodbox is almost full, we've got plenty of canned soup...and a snowstorm is moving in. I think we'll take it easy until the clouds -- and the flu -- lift a bit. 




No comments:

Making Their Point