Monday, August 5, 2024

Yet Another Modest Proposal

 I have been pondering the Paris Olympics 'Last Supper' debacle a bit more. After all, this takes a direct shot at my Christian faith -- and my King. I don't mind being made fun of -- I don't enjoy it, but it comes with the turf. But when it comes to Jesus Christ, I take strong exception. 

Whoopi Goldberg (and the rest of the women on The View, I assume) just doesn't understand this.  She said:

"If you are not happy with something, and it bothers you, don’t take 20 hours to write an email. Just turn the TV off. Watch something else. Put the newspaper down. Don’t look at the pictures. These are choices, you know, we’re back to this thing. These are our choices. You have the ability. Forget what Instagram is telling you. If you don’t like it, go to something else." 

(Direct quotes here, by the way.)



Ms. Goldberg's got an excellent point. So in the spirit of yet another Modest Proposal, I propose the following:

Turn off the TV -- when The View comes on. 

Watch something else. Put the newspaper down. Don’t look at the pictures. These are choices, you know, we’re back to this thing. These are our choices. You have the ability. Forget what Instagram is telling you. If you don’t like it, go to something else.

I have a feeling the women on The View aren't going to like this much, especially if their show faces cancellation, due to decreasing viewers. But hey, I'm only following their lead.

One final question, Ms. Goldberg. How do you think Muslims would feel if the Prophet Mohammed was portrayed in drag? Should that also be laughed at and approved? How about Hindus? Would they think this was funny? 

Turn it off!



No comments:

Made With Love... Or Not

I've wondered if that's how Cincinnati Chili got invented... or Garbage Plates . At least they taste good!